Monday, August 18, 2008

Moving is in the air.

Hello Family,
After 2 years, 3 months, and I don't know how many days, it's time for me to move out of Utah Valley once again!!!!!! I've decided that I'm not like everybody else, so I'll stop trying to pretend ;D My plans, which have actually been the same plans for a couple of weeks, are first to spend a couple of months at my mom's house. I'll study for the GRE, take the GRE (like the SAT for grad school), and apply to graduate school. Then I'll leave for the tourist season in Florida and work there from Nov-Apr. After that, I'll move to Alaska and work/play there until August when school starts. Quite the plan hu?

I should explain the how it works to move somewhere across the country (If you're only looking to stay for one season). First of all, you don't move to a place then look for a job. I look up jobs on "Coolworks.com", find some that I like, then apply from home. Once I get the job I move there, and live in employee housing. That makes it easy because it's hard to find apartments etc. while living thousands of miles away. Once the employee housing was co-ed, and since a girl was going to work there from BYU and was also concerned, the Innkeepers let us live in the lower level of their house! So far things have worked out pretty well. We'll see about Florida and Alaska. It could always change to Iowa or something. As long as it's not UT, I'm happy! I'll fill you in on any updates- like some guy that I'll meet in Fl, who also likes to travel, and who will move with me to India or something. While I'm hoping for that, it'll probably be news more along the lines of me getting bitten by an alligator or something.

Until then, ta ta.
Carrie Robinson

1 comment:

Harrison Hotel said...

carrie
How do you still like Utah?
The Lord has a sence of humor

Love Aunt Cheryl